With increasing incidence of chronic wounds globally, Future Market Insights (FMI) projects the advanced wound management market to exceed US$ 6.5 Bn between 2021-2031.
In 2020, the unprecedented COVID-19 outbreak dampened sales in the advanced wound management market. However, with recovery of research and development initiatives focusing on solutions for optimal wound care, demand in the advanced wound management market will rise at a steady pace during the assessment period.
Incorporation of biomaterials such as alginates and silver in topical wound healing treatments will further drive sales. These developments are encouraging key market players to innovate effective advanced wound healing solutions.
Product developments in advanced wound dressing segment such as hydrogels, collagen, and hydrocolloids are on cards. Apart from these products, emergence of negative pressure wound therapy devices will boost sales in the market.
Besides this, government-backed initiatives such as public health insurance schemes in counties including the U.S., the U.K., and China will create lucrative growth opportunities in the advanced wound management market.
Request Sample Report:
Key Takeaways from the Advanced Wound Management Market Analysis
- Advanced wound dressing is anticipated to dominate the product segment.
- Based on application, chronic ulcers will witness increasing adoption of advanced wound management.
- Hospitals, followed by clinics are expected to account for maximum market sales.
- The U.S. is projected to witness high demand in the advanced wound management market, owing to increasing number of diabetic patients in the country.
- The U.K. will emerge as a lucrative market with rapid product developments by leading players.
- China will exhibit high demand for advanced wound management due to increasing incidence of chronic wounds and reimbursements for medical expenditure.
- Advanced wound management market in India is expected to grow at a steady pace, owing to growing cases of road accidents and chronic wounds.
"Increasing research and development activities aimed at offering advanced wound healing devices and fast-track approvals for novel advanced wound management products are anticipated to propel sales in the market through 2031," says the FMI analyst.
Growing investments in the healthcare sector, coupled with innovations in advanced wound management products are anticipated to positively shape demand in the upcoming years.
As per FMI's analysis, ConvaTec Group Plc. Coloplast A/S, Molnlycke Health Care AB, 3M Healthcare, and Smith & Nephew PLC. are among the leading players in the market, accounting for approximately 3/4th of the market share.
Key players operating in the advanced wound management market are actively focusing on product innovations, strategic collaboration, mergers, acquisitions, and government approvals as a part of their growth strategies. For instance:
- In July 2021, Ethicon Inc., a part of the Johnson & Johnson Medical Devices Company, announced the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) has granted Breakthrough Designation for the company's transbronchial microwave ablation technology. The advanced technology uses robotic-assisted bronchoscopy for the treatment of debilitating diseases and conditions.
- In July 2021, Illinois-based Medline Industries announced its plan to open a new distribution center worth US$ 100 Mn in the Katy area. The new distribution facility will bring the company's total employee strength to around 375 employees.
Browse Full Report:
Advanced Wound Management Market by Category
By Product Type:
- Advanced wound dressings
- Wound contact layers
- Superabsorbent dressings
- Negative pressure wound therapy devices
- Standalone NPWT devices
- Portable NPWT devices
- Single-use disposable NPWT devices
- NPWT accessories
By Application Type:
- Chronic ulcers
- Venous leg ulcers
- Diabetic foot ulcers
- Pressure ulcers
- Non-healing surgical wounds
- Traumatic wounds
- Burn cases
By End-User Type:
- Ambulatory surgical centers
- Skilled nursing facilities
- North America
- Latin America
- Eastern Europe
- Western Europe
- Asia Pacific Excluding China (APEC)
- Middle East & Africa (MEA)
Get In Touch With Our Team For 20% Flat Discount:
Get More Related Insights:
Advance Wound Dressing Market Size was valued at $8,978.0 million in 2020, and is projected to reach $14,190.5 million by 2030, registering a CAGR of 4.8%
Advance Wound Care Market Share was valued at US$ 10.3 Bn in 2020 and is expected to register a CAGR of 3.7% during the forecast period (2021-2031)
Wound Debridement Products Market Demand is expected to be valued at US$ 497.3 Billion in 2022
ABOUT FUTURE MARKET INSIGHTS, INC.
Future Market Insights, Inc. is an ESOMAR-certified business consulting & market research firm, a member of the Greater New York Chamber of Commerce and is headquartered in Delaware, USA. A recipient of Clutch Leaders Award 2022 on account of high client score (4.9/5), we have been collaborating with global enterprises in their business transformation journey and helping them deliver on their business ambitions. 80% of the largest Forbes 1000 enterprises are our clients. We serve global clients across all leading & niche market segments across all major industries.
Now avail flexible Research Subscriptions, and access Research multi-format through downloadable databooks, infographics, charts, interactive playbook for data visualization and full reports through MarketNgage, the market intelligence engine from Future Market Insights. Sign Up for a 7 day free trial!
Future Market Insights, Inc.
Christiana Corporate, 200 Continental Drive,
Suite 401, Newark, Delaware - 19713, USA
The post Advanced Wound Management Market to grow at a rate of 6.5% by 2031 | Get Customized Reports appeared first on Future Market Insights.
This content is published on behalf of the above source. Please contact them directly for any concern related to the above.
This press release may contain forward-looking statements. Forward-looking statements describe future expectations, plans, results, or strategies (including product offerings, regulatory plans and business plans) and may change without notice. You are cautioned that such statements are subject to a multitude of risks and uncertainties that could cause future circumstances, events, or results to differ materially from those projected in the forward-looking statements, including the risks that actual results may differ materially from those projected in the forward-looking statements.